Veteran's Referrals

Revised November 29, 2011


Beginning August 1, 2009, Community Services Division (CSD) staff will be able to refer veterans directly to the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) for assistance with Veteran Administration (VA) services.

Worker Responsibilities

  1. Refer individuals who state they have served in the armed forces to the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) using the electronic referral for veterans located on the Basic Case/ AU search screen.
  2. The spouse, child, or parent of a disabled veteran may be eligible for benefits from the VA, and should also be referred to the WDVA through the electronic referral.
  3. WDVA will provide information about VA benefit eligibility by completing referral form 14-508.
  4. The financial worker will update VA income information reported by WDVA in ACES.

Home and Community Services

HCS has specific requirements for veteran's and maintains a separate referral process. Information about referrals for HCS clients and additional Veteran's information can be found is located in VA Benefits Chart and VA Information.