How to use the KIDS phone system

  • Have a pencil, paper and your case number handy.
  • From a touch-tone phone, dial 1-800-442-KIDS (1-800-442-5437).
  • If you do not have a touch-tone phone, you can still listen to general information about services but the KIDS system cannot provide you with case specific information.
  • The KIDS system will transfer you to a receptionist if you do not have a touch-tone phone. However, receptionists are available during regular business hours only (Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM).
  • You can access the KIDS system virtually 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The exception to the 24 hour access is Wednesday nights from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. when the system is down for maintenance.

If KIDS doesn't recognize your social security number, transfer to the receptionist. We may have the wrong social security number in our file.

  • Get payment information by entering your case number and social security number.

  • Use your case number to:

    1. Leave a message for your Support Enforcement Officer.
    2. Listen to a message from your Support Enforcement Officer.
    3. Ask a worker to call you.
    4. Have forms Faxed or mailed to you.

The following payment information is available from KIDS:

  • The date DCS processed or received the last five payments on a case.
  • The amount of each of the last five payments on a case.
  • The balance on a DCS account.

Other information available from KIDS:

  • You can stop pay an issued check(s) that is lost or stolen using the KIDS line. The system will update overnight and a stop pay will be placed on the lost or stolen check. A new check will be reissued 14 days after the original check issuance date.
  • General information about the street address, phone numbers and hours of operation for each local office.
  • A description of our services and information on how to apply for services.
  • How to report an address change or obtain visitation address information.
  • Paternity establishment (determining the father of a child).
  • How to modify an existing child support order.
  • The Washington State Support Registry (WSSR).
  • Information on father's rights.
  • Information on applying for electronic funds transfer and the DCS card.
  • Information about interception of IRS tax refunds.
  • Child support questions regarding Native American Tribes.
  • Many other recorded informational messages.